The Sound of Music American musical. Music composed by Richard Rodgers with lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II.
- Climb Ev’ry Mountain
- I Have Confidence
- My Favorite Things
- Sixteen Going on Seventeen
- So Long, Farewell
- Something Good
- The Lonely Goatherd
- The Sound of Music
The Sound of Music sheet music for piano and vocal with guitar chords.
The Sound of Music Vocal Selections. Free download, PDF, 61 pages. Songbook contains 13 magnificent songs by Rodgers & Hammerstein with vocal melody, piano accompaniment, lyrics and guitar chord names. Rodgers and Hammerstein's musical inspired this story of the convent-trained governess who won the heart of the Von Trapp family and whose courage led them across the Alps in their 1938 flight to freedom.
A tuneful, heartwarming story, it is based on the real life story of the Von Trapp Family singers, one of the world's best-known concert groups in the era.
- The success of the play was grandiose, since the premiere it has been played 1443 times, after which it received 8 Tony Awards. In particular, he was awarded the main award for "Best Musical", and Mary Martin was named the best actress. Audio recordings of the original composition of the musical immediately came to the top lines of the music charts and sold three million copies, receiving a well-deserved Grammy Award.
- Most tourists who visit Salzburg go there precisely to visit where some scenes of the film were filmed.
- The film "The Sound of Music" was immediately nominated for the prestigious Academy Award in ten nominations, of which it received five awards.
- The film version of the musical "The Sound of Music" remains one of the most successful projects in financial terms.
- In one of the scenes of the film of the same name, the shooting of which took place in Salzburg, Maria von Trapp herself starred.
- The most recognizable and popular recordings are: the soundtrack from the film of the same name, a studio recording of the original composition of the musical and a recording made in 1998.